Future Outlook of Cambodia Economy
- Forecasted that real GDP growth will accelerate to 7.3% in 2015 after standing an estimate of 7-7.2% in year 2013 & 2014
- Economic expansion will average 7.5% a year in 2016-2018 as external demand strengthens
- Inflows of net foreign direct investment in 2014 – USD 1.3 billion
- Poised to pick up 7.3% in 2015
Outstanding Economic Performance
- GDP growth averaged 8% over the past 10 years
- Strong performance of USD currency
- Low inflation
- Debt to GDP ratio 32.8%
- Low budget deficit
- International reserves increased to USD 4.1 billion
ASEAN Free Trade Agreements
- ASEAN, the association of South-East Asian Nations, is gaining considerably in importance as a trade bloc and is now the third largest in the world after the European Union and the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- Combined GDP of USD 2.31 Trillion (2012) and is home to some 600 million people
- Expected economy and housing price to surge when this is implemented in Cambodia by December 2015
Big Companies Venturing into Cambodia
- The properties in Cambodia has attracted interest from Chinese, Middle East, Japanese and Singaporean investors primarily because of the freehold titles and significant and promising potential capital growth.
- Leasing for apartment, villa and condominium is 95% occupancy on average
- Class A residential properties are highly in demand given the influx of expats working in Phnom Penh. Many high end service providers like Flatiron Meridian have ventured into this promising city.
- Land prices in Phnom Penh has gone up tremendously in the past 24 months as more foreign developers are venturing into Cambdoai
- Recent studies showed that there are significant accelerations in the prices of residential and office development sites , registering 13.7% and 7.6% respectively.